What does the title
of this article mean to you? What does seeking the truth encapsulate as a
concept? I must confess the original title for this article was actually Speak
the Truth. Upon reflection I felt it was more important to discuss seeking
the truth, so the name was changed.
To me the truth
represents that which is true to YOU. In a number of recent articles and video
blogs, I've spoken at length about unconscious programmes and beliefs which
obscure the truth from revealing itself.
Your truth is the
essence of who you really are - that is, once you've removed the mental facade
and emotional hurdles gained over the years. The truth is the authentic self -
the soul's true essence. Have you ever met someone on occasions and thought the
person is lacking a spiritual quality?
It's as though they
were taking up residency in someone else's body. There may have been a vacancy
to their words and actions which you're unable to explain - yet you sensed it.
I certainly can attest to being in this position.
Our ability to
sense energy in others is a remarkable human gift and one many alternative
healers call our sixth sense. We all have this ability which lays dormant
within us until we choose to activate it.
To seek the truth
means to live your life according to your highest principles and values. There
might be certain beliefs, values and ideals which you hold close to you. Here's
a quick, yet simple list of my truths which I've gained over the years:
· I respect and
honour myself and invite others to do the same.
· I value knowledge
and wisdom.
· I respect
everyone I come into contact with.
· I understand my
purpose and my service to others.
· I honour my
purpose by living in accordance with my higher self.
Some of my truths
were borne of out hurt, betrayal and anguish, while other truths revealed
themselves during silence and introspection.
Your truth is your
roadmap for life. It is your guiding force - your light and beacon to navigate
your way ahead. While we all make choices, our truth is the highest choice we
have. Whatever you accept as your truth becomes your destiny. Your truth
influences your beliefs, which ultimately influences your actions.
Seeking your truth
is paramount to revealing your prominence among others. Recently in the US,
Barrack Obama recognised same sex marriage in the eyes of the law. That was his
truth, since he was compelled to declare equality among men and women alike.
Whether you agree with him or not is your truth.
I sincerely believe
we're all doing the best we can given the resources we have available. There
may be times we offend others via our choices and actions. If it is our truth
then it shouldn't matter, as long as we act morally and dutifully. I'm not
suggesting that our truth harm or hurt others - rather the opposite. It should
unite people together toward a common goal.
There have been
many people in history who've pursued their truth by going against popular
belief. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King were two such men who firmly
believed in a cause greater than themselves - truth and equality among men.
The purpose of this
article is to compel you to seek your truth. What principles do you hold close
to your heart? - Which you live by and honour. Do they serve you? How did you
first come across them and was there ever a time you challenged them?
These are important
questions to ask if you wish to discover YOUR truth. I purposely
emphasised your in the last sentence to highlight the
importance of discovering your blueprint for happiness and a fulfilling life.
Many of today's
failed marriages exist since men and women have a nostalgic view of what the
constitution of marriage embodies. Their truth is not their own; rather that of
societies. Society (media, friends, family, colleagues etc) asserts that you're
unhappy until you marry and have children. Unfortunately some women buy into
this standard and often marry an incompatible partner at a young age to please
parents or due to fear that they'll remain single forever.
Regretfully,
divorce is inevitable after a number of years as they both mature and realise
their truth no longer serves them - it was in fact someone else's truth.
While I'm using
marriage as an example, we could be talking about career, finance or
relationships. The key message is - discover your truth. It may take
months, years or even decades. What's the rush? It's better to fall upon your
own truth after all rather than live other people's truths?
There is inner
freedom in the deep realisation of your destiny. Much like Gandhi and Martin
Luther King, who were prepared to die for their truth. While I don't believe
that such measures are necessary these days, discovering your truth is possibly
the highest act of authenticity one can attain.
There is beauty and
honour in someone who stands for something - someone who strongly believes in a
purpose, a vision or an ideal that they lose sight of the smaller aspects of
life. You needn't strive to be Gandhi - yet by discovering and living your
truth, you lead others to do the same by standing for something which you strongly
believe in.
As Albert Einstein
reminds us in the opening quote - man should look for what is, and not
for what he thinks should be. I invite you to discover the truth of
what IS rather than what should be. Reveal your authentic self by becoming
attuned to the very essence of your being.
Your true being is
not concerned with what you do for a living, how much money you have, how many
followers or Facebook friends you have. Your true nature wants to know what you
deeply believe in, what makes you cry or laugh. It is concerned with how you
treat those you love when you're down.
Seek the truth by
seeking the questions which lead you toward your answers. In time, life reveals
itself through you as you become the question; seeking the truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment