What is your desire? What gets you out of bed in the morning to pursue your dream life? For me, it is working on becoming financially free as soon as possible. Why? Because I know that since the corona virus started, it has meant that I have to re-think what I do and how I do it.
In addition there is no way that from all the handouts that have been given out to protect jobs and secure income for people that we are not going to pay for it (literally) in the years to come.
I don't want to be another part of the statistics that fails to make it to financial freedom.
The article below explains why you must have desires, and what happens if you never go after your dreams!
You want stuff. It's only human.
I want stuff too.
I'm only human.
But I bet the
'stuff' that you want isn't necessarily stuff, objects, hunks of physical
reality. Or at least, it's not ALL of what you want.
You want impact.
You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't.
We all start off as
little desire machines. We want to be fed, have our diaper changed. We want to
be loved.
While that last one
doesn't change, our other desires do shift. We want toys, then electronics,
then cars, then houses.
All that stuff is
nice. But it doesn't address the heart.
The essence of who
you are calls out for something more. You desire impact.
The thing is, as
you grow up, your relationship with desire shifts. As an infant, it's just a
naked wanting for basic care. I hope that you weren't left wanting, that your
basic needs were met.
As you grew, and
your desires increased beyond those basic ones, you had experiences where your
desires weren't fulfilled. You wanted that girl to be your friend. You wanted
to excel in a sport. You wanted to go to a good college.
You may have been
told not to want, that your desires were too much, not reasonable, more than
you could possibly attain. Or that what you wanted was wrong somehow. You may
have learned that what you wanted, you couldn't get.
All those
experiences, all those voices in your head about not wanting too much, may have
diminished what you want. It's no longer other people that are stopping you.
It's you.
Your diminished
desire holds you back from having the impact you could have.
I'm not pointing
fingers. The reason I can say this is because I've lived it. I've diminished
desire in many ways throughout my life. We all have.
I've been
reasonable. I've set modest, achievable goals. I've even achieved many of them.
But those achievements don't address my desire to have more impact.
Disappointments can
shape us, if we let them. They can shape your impact.
You may have toned
down your desire for impact. You may have made your goals for impact more
'reasonable'.
Your impact is a
deep expression of who you are. It reflects an essence of you that is unique,
that no one else has or can have.
Diminishing your
desire for impact rains on the parade of who you are and what you can bring to
others.
I'm done
diminishing my desire for impact. In fact, I'm ramping it up. I'm tapping into
my desire. I want to have more impact than ever before. Dare I even say it -
world changing impact.
See, it's operating
all the time. Dare I even want to have this impact? Who do I think I am? What
will other people think?
Are you feeling
that in your work, in your life? Are these COVID-19 pandemic times lighting a
flame in you to be a bigger you, to contribute more, to be a leader in changing
the world in a positive, remarkable way?
Or maybe you're
just fed up with being diminished, with diminishing yourself.
If you are, keep
that flame burning, that desire for impact.
Desire leads to
planning, planning leads to action, and action leads to impact.
Diminished desire
leads to half-assed planning, reluctant or below-the-radar action, and less
impact.
Your impact
matters. To all of us, and especially to you. Start to let go of diminishing
your desire for impact.
I'm cheering for
you. Let's do this.
Ursula Jorch is a
speaker, business coach and consultant who helps entrepreneurs grow a
successful business that makes a difference in the world. A 21-year successful
entrepreneur herself, Ursula helps you define the difference you want to make
in the world and develop strategy and marketing so you have ever-expanding
impact.
Find Ursula on her
podcast, Work Alchemy: The Impact Interviews where she interviews impactful
entrepreneurs and leaders like Seth Godin and Marianne Williamson, and at
WorkAlchemy.com for free resources for you and your business.
No comments:
Post a Comment