Tuesday, 26 May 2020

Tuesday Testimonial

Have you ever done the same routine over and over again and still not made any progress? Does that routine become boring after a time? 

That is a common thing that my clients find when I start working with them for the first time. 

Einstein said that insanity was "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". Madness isn't it? So when I started to work with Lorenz, it was very clear that we needed to take a different approach to his training. That for me is a fundamental thing that I have to look at when working with someone is understanding what they have done before and how I can get results by having a different approach. The nice thing about the change is that it does not have to be too drastic. The people who make the best progress are the one's that understand that this is a long-term project. It is better to have a system whereby lots of little changes are made over time, rather than completely overhauling the old system straight away. Why do I say that? Simple people do not like change, they live in comfort zones. The way that people make the greatest gains is by leaving their comfort zones and embrace a new way of being. For some it is simply better organisation of time. For others it can be simply introducing healthier alternatives to what they are currently eating. The overall thing that I look to change is the mindset of people. Ever since I started coaching in the fitness area, I knew that once people have a need to change, they have to have a way of thinking in order to achieve what their goals are. This works for both fitness and life coaching. But, if you are saying that you want to make a change, but don't know where to start, this is when you need to realise you need to get coached. A coach will keep you accountable, will keep you motivated and wants you to get results, more importantly the results you want. So now you have a choice, stay the same or decide that you have to change and that you will do it and I would strongly recommend that you invest in a coach so that you can achieve the results you want quicker, just like Lorenz did!

No comments:

Post a Comment