Anger can lead you to take positive actions to make changes in your life but it also can be destructive. So how do we deal with the raw emotions?
One of the strategies I learned was from the book by Tony Robbins - Awaken The Giant Within, which he talks about Transformational Vocabulary
UK viewers can buy the book from Amazon - Click Here
The premise is simple, take the heated emotional words and desensitize them. For example, if you keep saying "I am p***** off with ..." or "I am angry that this has happened", swap the emotionally charged words for something with less emotion.
One of my favourite that I have is using the word "peeved" as a replacement for a highly charged word. Using the above example we can see the difference.
Change "I am p***** off with... to "I am peeved with..." and with the other example, changing "I am angry that this is happened" to "I am peeved that this has happened".
Do you feel and hear the difference? The tonality and intensity has changed.
When I started doing this, it was a game-changer. I stopped letting things get to me and I even started laughing about what I was saying. This meant my whole focus and physiology changed for the better.
I challenge you to come up with less emotionally charged words so that you develop the habit of taking care of the words that you use and the impact it has on your life.
No comments:
Post a Comment