Monday, 18 January 2021

To Exercise At Home

Exercise in lockdown. If you are like me then there is something about going to the gym - the people, the equipment, knowing that it is somewhere away from the house - so what happens to the mindset when you can no longer go to the gym and you are restricted about what you can do outdoors?

Simply, it is a different ball game altogether. So where I live you are not allowed out of your local boundary for exercise, which for me should be okay but there is something about that makes it even more challenging. 

I love riding my bike and when I moved into my current house, the first thing I got out of storage was my bike because I love travelling to various parts and be gone for a prolonged periods of time, but now that has been curtailed and I find myself in a position where my mindset is not on exercise. 

So I had to start again when it came to the new lockdown. I had to get myself on my bike at home (I have a stand to put it in so that I can cycle) and just go for 20 minutes at a time. It is not the same as being on the road or being in the gym but it is an important start for where I need to be and I am sure that there are people reading this that feel exactly the same. 

This experience has made we realise how grateful I will be when the gyms are open again, as I realise that it is nice to be in a place with people, even though I may never speak to anyone who is in at the same time as me.

But in addition, I realise the importance of making sure I keep going and simply start with 20 minutes a day so that I keep active so that when the gyms open again I am not playing catch up again. 

So if you are reading this and feel the need to do something, start by giving yourself easy wins such as committing to 20 minutes a day so that when we are able to enjoy time in the gym we won't take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment